The SUNY Information Technology Exchange Center (ITEC) is one of several special purpose organizations established by
participating institutions to support multi-campus, computer-related, group activities targeted at improving the
quality, quantity, and cost-effectiveness of campus-based and University-wide computer services.
ITEC provides services to all 64 SUNY campuses.
ITEC is soliciting applications for a Service Delivery Managers with primary focus on Ellucianís Banner which is used by more than 45 SUNY campuses. The following describes the responsibilities and qualifications associated with this position.
The Service Delivery Manager is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and continuing to grow the relationship between ITEC and its customers. This includes ensuring that ITECís programs (e.g. Ellucianís Banner) and project teams are achieving business objectives and delivering the highest quality services. This position requires understanding individual customer organizations, identifying process improvements, and exploring opportunities for and supporting services beyond the core offerings within ITEC for the customer organizations. The Service Delivery Manager is responsible for adhering to ITECís security policies. This position requires that the successful candidate be available to work various shifts to assist with providing 24 ◊ 7 support.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as the ITEC liaison for campuses receiving ITECís Banner and other managed services
- Coordinate among multiple ITEC internal teams to ensure consistent and quality service delivery to our customers
- Organize and run regularly scheduled meetings with the customers and participate in customer advisory board meetings as requested
- Oversee ITECís support activities for services
- Manage issues which may arise related to services
- Monitor service delivery, solicit feedback and customer satisfaction, and address any customer concerns relevant to the Banner and other services at regular intervals
- Participate in the formulation and maintenance of an appropriate Service Level Management (SLM) structure for service delivery
- Participate in the planning, coordination, and implementation of IT services
- Participate in the development and implementation of processes and controls within Banner and other services
- Ensure appropriate Service Level Agreements are in place for services and Service Level Objectives are being met
- Develop and review service metrics
- Report on service performance and achievements
- Work with ITEC Management to align IT Service Management solutions to both ITECís and its customersí business needs
- Use ITEC service management software competently to interact with member campuses including, specifically, monitoring and answering support tickets
- Design consistent service delivery processes with other Service Delivery Managers to provide consistent service delivery across all customers
- Participate in Service Management process improvement activities to assure continual improvements and value creation for our customers
- Assist in organizational change initiatives to make better use of ITEC services and resources while still providing quality service to our customers
- Serve in a business relationship management role to help campuses understand other services that ITEC could provide
- Promote a positive image of ITEC
- Bachelorís degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience managing mission critical, client-facing IT services
- Demonstrated organizational, management, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and written and communication skills
- Available to work various shifts to assist with providing 24 ◊ 7 support
- Demonstrated experience with Banner Student Information System, specifically with exposure to Student, General, and Financial Aid back office and self service
- ITIL certification
- Project Management Professional / Program Management Professional certification
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS and/or other Oracle products
- Experience working on virtual teams, including the use of online collaboration tools
- Experience with Linux and/or Unix
- Experience in higher education
- Experience motivating colleagues / team members
- Experience with Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic
- Experience with Identify Management / Single Sign On
Buffalo State College and the SUNY Information Technology Exchange Center (ITEC) offer an excellent and
challenging working environment with good fringe benefits. Salary is competitive.
The application deadline is: January 4, 2019.
Apply on-line at: http://jobs.buffalostate.edu/postings/3456
Buffalo State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and
committed to respect for diversity and individual differences.