The Information Technology Exchange Center (ITEC) is one of several special purpose organizations established by participating institutions to support multi-campus, computer-related, group activities targeted at improving the quality, quantity, and cost-effectiveness of campus-based and University-wide computer services. In all, ITEC services over 50 campuses.
ITEC is soliciting applications for a Programmer/Analyst (Middleware). The following announcement describes the responsibilities and qualifications associated with this position.
This position calls for a Tier 3 support analyst with a strong focus in Web service and Java application server installation, management, performance tuning, security configuration and troubleshooting.
As a Tier 3 support analyst, the ideal candidate will be responsible for installing, upgrading and maintaining Web servers including Apache and Nginx, Java applications servers including WebLogic and Tomcat, and the deployment applications on mainly Linux operating systems hosted both at ITEC and numerous State University of New York (SUNY) campuses throughout New York State. This person will be capable of analyzing and successfully troubleshooting middleware-related web, network, security and Java technical issues and also provide related technical support and guidance to other SUNY campus-based technical analysts.
Successful candidates will be able to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks independently and be available to work various shifts to assist with providing 24 x 7 support.
- Four-year degree in Computer Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience with middleware application servers
- Application server administration experience with either WebLogic or Tomcat, including patching, upgrading, secure configuration, troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Programming and scripting experience with one or more of Perl, PHP, or Python
- Excellent presentation skills, interpersonal skills, and written communication skills
- Available to work various shifts to assist with providing 24 x 7 support
- Experience managing open source or proprietary web application servers like WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache, NGINX, Node, JBoss on Linux and Linux-variants.
- Experience implementing middleware services including deployment, updates and monitoring.
- Experience with Java, web or mobile development frameworks using tools like Ant, Maven, Eclipse or JDeveloper; experience with open source products and productivity tools like Atlassian Confluence, Nagios and ELK
- Experience with application lifecycle management or containerization using tools like Docker, Ansible, Jenkins and Chef
- Experience with source code management tools like Git or Subversion
- Experience with open source products and productivity tools like Atlassian Confluence, Nagios and ELK
- Administrative experience with Student Information Systems like Banner, Colleague, PowerCampus or PeopleSoft
- Administrative experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as ANGEL Learn or Blackboard Learn
- Experience with X.509 and Public Key Infrastructure tools like OpenSSL and web protocols like HTTPS, TLS 1.2 and HTTP/2; experience with authentication frameworks and tools like LDAP, CAS, SAML, OAuth2.0 and OpenID Connect
- Experience with authentication frameworks and tools like LDAP, CAS, SAML, OAuth2.0 and OpenID Connect
- Familiarity with software development and performance testing methodologies including Agile Development and DevOps, and related tools
Buffalo State College and the SUNY Information Technology Exchange Center (ITEC) offer an excellent and challenging working environment with good fringe benefits. Salary range is up to $70,000.
The application deadline is June 4, 2017. Apply on-line at: https://jobs.buffalostate.edu
Buffalo State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and committed to respect for diversity and individual differences.
[Back to Vacancy Listings]