Networking Administrator (local title)
Lead Programmer / Analyst (budget title)
SUNY Information Technology Exchange Center (ITEC)
Buffalo State College
The Information Technology Exchange Center (ITEC) is one of several special purpose organizations established by participating institutions to support multi-campus, computer-related, group activities targeted at improving the quality, quantity, and cost-effectiveness of campus-based and University-wide computer services. In all, ITEC services over 50 campuses.
ITEC is soliciting applications for a Networking Administrator. The following announcement describes the responsibilities and qualifications associated with this position.
This position is for a support analyst with a strong focus on Networking.
Responsibilities include system administration for Network-based operating systems, coordination and handling of technical support problems for Member campuses, as well as monitoring, administering and troubleshooting network operating systems and connecting infrastructure. This person will be expected to troubleshoot the equipment performance and the health of remote and internal campus systems, participate in conversations regarding critical situations with ITEC’s senior management, and assist Member campuses with Network issues and with the planning and implementation of installations and upgrades. This candidate will also be capable of investigating and evaluating software which promises to be useful to the SUNY support community, supporting senior management level staff in determining system requirements and capabilities, as well as appropriate hardware and software configurations, and provide direction in the on-going process of support for member campuses. Demonstrated experience successfully working in a diverse setting and providing support to a diverse population of end users including faculty, staff, and students.
The Networking Administrator is responsible for adhering to ITEC’s security policies and procedures and participate in training. This position requires that the successful candidate be available to work various shifts to assist with providing 24 × 7 support.
- Experience managing and deploying enterprise networks (including switches, VLANs, routers, and access control lists – ACLs).
- Must be able to demonstrate familiarity/understanding of the OSI model.
- Good presentation skills, interpersonal skills, written and communication skills.
- A four-year degree in Computer Information Systems, a four-year degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Available to work various shifts to assist with providing 24 x 7 support.
- Operating system management experience (Unix, Linux, Windows, or Hypervisors).
- Experience managing VMware NSX or other Software Defined Networking solutions.
- Experience managing Wide Area Networks with routing protocols such as BGP.
- Experience managing Storage Area Network connectivity using iSCSI or NFS protocols.
- Work experience in an educational setting.
- Basic programming or shell scripting experience.
- Experience managing NextGen firewalls and/or load balancers.
- Experience providing technical support.
Buffalo State College and the SUNY Information Technology Exchange Center (ITEC) offer an excellent and challenging working environment with good fringe benefits. Salary is competitive.
This position is open until filled.
Apply on-line at: http://jobs.buffalostate.edu/postings/5250
Buffalo State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and committed to respect for diversity and individual differences.