Systems Analyst (local title)
Lead Programmer / Analyst (budget title)
SUNY Information Technology Exchange Center (ITEC)
Buffalo State University
The Information Technology Exchange Center (ITEC) is one of several special purpose organizations established by participating institutions to support multi-campus, computer-related, group activities targeted at improving the quality, quantity, and cost-effectiveness of campus-based and University-wide computer services. In all, ITEC services over 50 campuses.
ITEC is soliciting applications for a Systems Analyst. The following announcement describes the responsibilities and qualifications associated with this position.
This position is for a support analyst with a strong focus on operating systems, storage, networking, databases, infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud architecture operations. Responsibilities may include system administration for both ITEC and campus owned infrastructures. The analyst will also encounter system administration tasks for network-based operating systems and coordination/handling of technical support problems for member campuses where you will need to monitor, administer and troubleshoot related systems. Troubleshoot the equipment performance and the health of remote and internal campus systems. Assist member campuses with operating system and hypervisor issues and with the planning and implementation of installations and upgrades. Investigate and evaluate software which promises to be useful to the SUNY support community. Support senior management level staff in determining system requirements and capabilities, as well as appropriate hardware and software configurations. Provide direction in the on-going process of support for member campuses. Assist with teaching seminars and conduct workshops as needed through the SUNY Center for Professional Development.
The analyst must adhere to SUNY, Buffalo State University’s, and ITEC policies as well as ITEC’s security policies and procedures and participate in security-oriented training. The analyst is responsible for responding to P1 Incidents (Emergency Incidents) occurring on and off hours in a timely fashion in order for ITEC to meet our service level targets. Analysts must account for work effort performed by documenting in current ITSM tool by completing weekly timesheets.
- Associate degree in Computer Information Systems or related degree or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- Good presentation skills, interpersonal skills, written and communication skills.
- Experience with system administration, monitoring, troubleshooting, or related technologies.
- Technical support experience.
- Available to work various shifts to assist with providing 24×7 support.
- Experience implementing and/or managing backups, especially in a VMware environment. Examples include, but are not limited to, Druva, Veeam, and Commvault.
- Working knowledge of core Windows services (IIS, AD, PowerShell, and indexing services), including some Windows desktop knowledge;
- Experience with Azure and Microsoft 365 services (Examples: Azure AD, Intune, compliance, Azure MFA, MS Defender).
- Application administration, implementation, and development for our Microsoft 365 applications, including but not limited to SharePoint, Outlook, OneDrive, MS Teams, and OneNote.
- Mobile Device Management. Examples include Microsoft Intune, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (formerly SCCM), or Jamf Pro administration.
- Experience with identity management and/or Active Directory federation in a professional work environment.
- System administration experience with Linux and Windows.
- Working knowledge of core Windows services (IIS, AD, DHCP, SMB, and DNS).
- System administration experience with ESXi or Hyper-V hypervisors.
- Experience managing storage systems. Examples include, but are not limited to, HPE Nimble, NetApp ONTAP/E-Series, and various Dell offerings.
- Security-focused training and experience with operating within a security program.
- Experience managing and deploying enterprise networks (firewall, routers, switches, ACLs)
- Experience managing Wide Area Networks and/or BGP.
- Ability to leverage scripting languages to help with automation. Examples include Python, Perl, Bash/GNU software, VMware PowerCLI, and PowerShell.
- Working knowledge of various Linux daemons and services such as web, mail, SSH, and NFS
- Experience with Dell OpenManage, Data Domain, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Microsoft Exchange, Windows Desired State Configuration, Microsoft SQL Server, and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Database software installation, administration, and tuning experience with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, or other relational databases and related technologies, such as Oracle Key Vault, Transparent Data Encryption, or Golden Gate.
- Middleware software installation, administration, and tuning experience with Oracle Weblogic or Tomcat.
- Knowledge of physical-layer connections (SFP’s, fiber optic cable, and related connections) and protocols (Fiber Channel, iSCSI, NFS and CIFS).
- Work experience in an educational setting.
- Experience with installing, configuring, and managing VMware products in a professional work environment. Examples include: vSphere, Horizon, Workspace One, vRealize Operations Manager, vRealize Log Insight, or vRealize Network Insight.
- Automation experience using cloud native services, scripting, ansible, puppet, or chef.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with ITIL and ITSM/ITOM frameworks/tools.
- Ability and Experience implementing additional security layers within the IT infrastructure.
- Experience and training relating to AWS, GCP, Azure, Oracle, and/or other cloud provider infrastructure
Buffalo State University and the SUNY Information Technology Exchange Center (ITEC) offer an excellent and challenging working environment with good fringe benefits. Salary range is $50,148 – $96,900. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills. This position is open until filled. More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
Buffalo State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and committed to respect for diversity and individual differences.
Apply on-line at: https://jobs.buffalostate.edu/postings/6974