Project Manager (local title)
Senior Programmer / Analyst (budget title)
SUNY Information Technology Exchange Center (ITEC)
Buffalo State College
The Information Technology Exchange Center (ITEC) is one of several special purpose organizations established by participating institutions to support multi-campus, computer-related, group activities targeted at improving the quality, quantity, and cost-effectiveness of campus-based and University-wide computer services. In all, ITEC services over 50 campuses.
ITEC is soliciting applications for a Project Manager. The following describes the responsibilities and qualifications associated with this position.
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing internal ITEC projects as well as projects for ITEC’s members.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing project oversight
- Providing clear and accurate communications to project stakeholders
- Remaining within budget and adhering to strict deadlines
- Coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors
- Providing oversight of quality control and control risk
- Supporting the existing PM framework through Continuous Process Improvement, communication, and training for ITEC Team Members for ITEC’s PM practice
- Adhering to the documentation and maintenance of the processes, procedures, templates, and reporting metrics established by the Project Management Office
- Adhering to ITEC’s security policies and procedures and participate in training
- Responsible to respond to P1 Incidents (Emergency Incidents) occurring on and off hours in a timely fashion
- Must account for work effort performed by documenting in current ITSM tool by completing weekly timesheets
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in managing complex IT projects
- Excellent presentation skills, interpersonal skills, and written and communication skills
- Excellent organizational, management, and leadership skills
- Experience using Microsoft 365
- Experience working with senior level executives
- Available to work various shifts to assist with providing 24 x 7 support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- Experience in managing information technology-based projects
- Experience in training project management concepts and procedure
- PMP or CAPM certification from PMI
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience with customer service roles
- Experience in team building and motivation
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing projects lasting over 6 months with project teams of 5 or more staff
- Project Management Office experience
- Experience with Project Management tools, including Resource Management and Portfolio Management
- Experience in documenting procedures
- Understanding of ITIL Foundation principles
Buffalo State College and the SUNY Information Technology Exchange Center (ITEC) offer an excellent and challenging working environment with good fringe benefits. Salary range is $57,846 – $110,591. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills.
This position is open until filled.
Apply on-line at: https://jobs.buffalostate.edu/postings/5915
Buffalo State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and committed to respect for diversity and individual differences.